ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM on Linux Box

2015-01-21 10:48:32
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM on Linux Box
From: Erwann SIMON <erwann.simon AT FREE DOT FR>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 16:45:59 +0100
Hello,

If you're using RHEL6 or newer, inittab is deprecated as upstart is used. See :

https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Migration_Planning_Guide/ch04s02s03.html

"The /etc/inittab file is deprecated, and is now used only for setting up the
default runlevel via the initdefault line. Other configuration is done via
upstart jobs in the /etc/init directory."

So, inittab entries (except the on setting the default runlevel) are not
processed.

--
Best regards / Cordialement / مع تحياتي
Erwann SIMON