ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] SAN hardware hints

2015-01-15 09:55:08
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] SAN hardware hints
From: "Kittel, Brady J" <Brady.Kittel AT HCMED DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 14:52:10 +0000
Specifically as it pertains to EMC VNX storage VNX monitoring and reporting
actually has fairly useful charge-back functionality built in and it's also
pretty decent performance monitoring. It's very poorly advertised so it's a bit
unknown to a lot of shops, cost is around $1200 an array for the licensing for
the mid-range VNX models last I bought a license.

EMC also came out with a storage analytics package recently which I assume is
probably similar to VNXMR for VMAX and other array models they sell. Haven't
had a chance to dig into it yet but it may also have charge-back tracking.
----
Brady Kittel
Systems Architect - Server Team
Hennepin County Medical Center