ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Scheduled SQL Backups

2015-01-14 15:49:33
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Scheduled SQL Backups
From: "Vandeventer, Harold [OITS]" <Harold.Vandeventer AT KS DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 20:48:52 +0000
Our guys have each SQL DB on a different drive on the server.

They use SQL Maintenance Plan (I think that's what it's called) to have SQL
create a backup to a folder on the same drive as that DB.

Then, install TSM client, not the TSM  Data Protection SQL.

They configure a TSM  Option file on each drive.

One TSM "node" for each, using different listening ports.

The node backup is configured to skip the live DB, only backing up the output
created by the SQL Maint plan.

Granted, not "live", but acceptable for our DBs.