ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Changed SQL behavior under server 6.2.3.1

2015-01-09 08:34:16
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Changed SQL behavior under server 6.2.3.1
From: Zoltan Forray <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2015 08:31:55 -0500
What is your platform/OS?   I recently upgraded from 6.3.4.300 to 6.3.5.100
and am seeing lots of problems with selects not return consistent/correct
results as their non-select counterparts.

The reason I ask about the OS is IBM has stated there are known problems
with RedHat 6 kernels causing DB2 issues.

Today's example of inconsistent results is the difference between a "Q
SESSIONS" and "SELECT from sessions"

*8:16:04 AM   WIND : select
session_id,session_type,client_name,start_time,bytes_sent,bytes_received,wait_seconds,state
from sessions*
    SESSION_ID: 11
  SESSION_TYPE: Admin
   CLIENT_NAME: TSMMANAGER
    START_TIME: 2014-12-18 10:20:11.000000
    BYTES_SENT: 58684271
BYTES_RECEIVED: 149
  WAIT_SECONDS: 0
         STATE: Run
    SESSION_ID: 47452
  SESSION_TYPE: Admin
   CLIENT_NAME: TSMMANAGER
    START_TIME: 2014-12-30 14:39:41.000000
    BYTES_SENT: 156
BYTES_RECEIVED: 350
  WAIT_SECONDS: 0
         STATE: Run

*8:16:07 AM   WIND : q sess*
  Sess Comm.  Sess     Wait   Bytes   Bytes Sess    Platform Client Name

Number Method State    Time    Sent   Recvd Type
------ ------ ------ ------ ------- ------- ------- --------
------------------
47,452 Tcp/Ip Run      0 S      156     350 Admin   WinNT    TSMMANAGER

54,060 Tcp/Ip Run      0 S   31.4 M     149 Admin   WinNT    TSMMANAGER

78,034 Tcp/Ip IdleW   21 S    1.3 G 952.2 K Node    WinNT    DENPAC

78,041 Tcp/Ip RecvW    0 S  273.6 K 202.8 G Node    WinNT    DENPAC

79,547 Tcp/Ip RecvW    0 S   28.3 K  13.0 G Node    TDP MSS-
DSS20LOG.VCU.EDU
                                                     QL Win-

                                                     64

79,589 Tcp/Ip Run      0 S      156     235 Admin   WinNT    ZFORRAY

--
*Zoltan Forray*
TSM Software & Hardware Administrator