ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Restore and mounts

2014-12-17 12:51:03
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Restore and mounts
From: Hans Christian Riksheim <bullhcr AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 18:50:25 +0100
Interesting technote.

First the DIRMC is not needed.

"Therefore the original reason to cache directories on disk no longer
applies."

Then it is useful after all.

"Nevertheless, the DIRMC option is still useful. If you do not specify this
option to associate a management class with directories, the client, during
backup, uses the management class in the active policy set of your policy
domain with the longest retention period, which could point to a storage
pool on tape. This might result in unwanted mount requests during
backup/restore."

But DIRMC can cause problems with backups.

"Having the DIRMC point to a disk storage pool separate from the backup
objects might cause the symptom as described with technote swg21247892
(Unexpected high number of EndTxn processing during back up, see link
section below)"

This is fun!

Regards,

Hans Chr.

On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 6:06 PM, Steven Langdale <steven.langdale AT gmail DOT
com>