ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Restore and mounts

2014-12-17 08:54:41
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Restore and mounts
From: Nick Marouf <marouf AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 06:52:20 -0700
This could be normal if TSM is trying to recreate all the directory
structures. It creates this first, before restoring actual data.

With the newer versions of TSM, using a directory class management  (DIRMC)
shouldn’t be necessary, since ACL information is applied at a later point
in time. However with that said, I’ve seen fileservers with millions of
directory structures that could be spread  across many tapes, or even one
tape.

                You may want to open a ticket with support for
confirmation, but the symptoms you are reporting are similar to a problem I
had a while back.

See this technote with a bit more background.

On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 3:37 AM, Hans Christian Riksheim <bullhcr AT gmail DOT
com>