ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Inventory expiration failure

2014-12-09 12:07:05
Subject: [ADSM-L] Inventory expiration failure
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT JEFFERSON DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2014 17:04:21 +0000
The inventory expiration process on one of our TSM servers was reported as
failed this morning, but I couldn't find any message reporting a reason for the
failure. The output from the "dsmadmc" command used to execute the "expire
inventory" command was captured to a file. When I use the "grep" command with
the "-v" option to filter out the large numbers of ANR0165I and ANR0166I
messages, the remaining lines  are as follows:

IBM Tivoli Storage Manager
Command Line Administrative Interface - Version 6, Release 2, Level 4.0
(c) Copyright by IBM Corporation and other(s) 1990, 2011. All Rights Reserved.

Session established with server DC2P1: Linux/s390x
  Server Version 6, Release 2, Level 5.0
  Server date/time: 12/09/14   09:41:30  Last access: 12/09/14   09:41:30

ANS8000I Server command: 'expire inventory wait=y'
ANR0984I Process 813 for EXPIRE INVENTORY started in the FOREGROUND at 09:41:30
AM.
ANR0811I Inventory client file expiration started as process 813.
ANR2369I Database backup volume and recovery plan file expiration starting
under process 813.
ANR0167I Inventory file expiration process 813 processed for 88 minutes.
ANR0812I Inventory file expiration process 813 completed: processed 269 nodes,
examined 5384354 objects, deleting 5384246 backup objects, 77 archive objects,
0 DB backup volumes, and 0 recovery plan files. 0 objects were retried and 1
errors were encountered.
ANR0987I Process 813 for EXPIRE INVENTORY running in the FOREGROUND processed
5,384,354 items with a completion state of FAILURE at 11:10:06 AM.
ANR1893E Process 813 for EXPIRE INVENTORY completed with a completion state of
FAILURE.
ANS8001I Return code 19.

ANS8002I Highest return code was 19.

The number of nodes reported processed in the ANR0812I message matches the
number of rows in the "nodes" SQL table.  The server runs under zSeries Linux
and uses TSM 6.2.5.0 server code. Are there any known problems that could cause
a return code of 19 with no explanation?

Thomas Denier
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
The information contained in this transmission contains privileged and
confidential information. It is intended only for the use of the person named
above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

CAUTION: Intended recipients should NOT use email communication for emergent or
urgent health care matters.