ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Restore can't select USB hard drive for destination

2014-11-21 09:23:28
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Restore can't select USB hard drive for destination
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 09:21:33 -0500
Hi Zoltan,

I do not know what the trouble is. I just tried the 7.1.1 client on my Win
7 x64 workstation, and it finds the USB drive just fine under "Removable
drives".

Have you tried manually typing in a USB drive letter and directory as a
restore destination? Or using the command line?

Do you have UAC enabled on your workstation? If yes, try this:

1. Open a Windows command prompt (cmd.exe) with the "Run as administrator"
option.

2. Within that prompt. change into the TSM directory where dsm.exe is
located (for example, cd /d "C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient").

3. Type dsm.exe from the command prompt and press <ENTER> to start the TSM
Java GUI.

Any difference?

- Andy

Andrew Raibeck | Tivoli Storage Manager Level 3 Technical Lead |
storman AT us.ibm DOT com

IBM Tivoli Storage Manager links:
Product support:
http://www.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/Overview/Software/Tivoli/Tivoli_Storage_Manager

Online documentation:
http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSGSG7/welcome
Product Wiki:
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home/wiki/Tivoli%20Storage%20Manager

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2014-11-21
09:11:16: