ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Monitoring Agent, 2 on a single TSM Server?

2014-10-31 09:07:24
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Monitoring Agent, 2 on a single TSM Server?
From: "Vandeventer, Harold [OITS]" <Harold.Vandeventer AT KS DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 13:05:12 +0000
I'm building a new reporting server, and need to keep the current, older
version, in production for a while.

I also need to get data into the new monitoring server so I can test my custom
reports and begin collecting historical data for future reporting.

That lets me simply disable report delivery schedules on the old system and
enable on the new, without a significant issue.  I don't need the long term
history from the old server, just several days that would be collected on the
new system.

Sounds like my only option is to put multiple local monitoring agents on the
new system.  Then, when ready to swing production to the new system, delete the
local agents and upgrade the remote agents on the TSM servers.  The only issue
would be identical naming of the Agent I suppose.