ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] CFP for the 12th TSM Symposium 2015

2014-10-31 05:28:40
Subject: [ADSM-L] CFP for the 12th TSM Symposium 2015
From: Claus Kalle <kalle AT UNI-KOELN DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 10:25:30 +0100
Call for Papers

We are seeking technical contributions in the form of papers and
presentations from the TSM user community - the system managers and
administrators who are arguably the real TSM experts - and this is an
excellent chance to share your knowledge and wisdom.
Possible topics / Ideas for a contribution

    Experiences / Usage Scenarios
    Protection of virtualized environments
    Data Protection products for applications (databases, mail, SAP)
    NDMP Backup and Restore Scenarios
    Dealing with Growth: HSM, Deduplication, ...
    DR Strategies in a world of limited backup/restore scenarios
    Changing Perspectives of Backup/Restore to Data Storage Concepts
    New Tape and Library Technologies
    Data Security - Data shredding / Encryption
    Dealing with the Cloud: CRUD devices and Big Data
    Backup to the Cloud

Technical contributions from TSM solution architects and related storage
vendors are also sought: this is an opportunity to demonstrate the
flexibility and extensibility of TSM.

The conference language will be English. All talks will have to be held
in English language.
Paper Submission

To simplify submission of papers we have generated an appropiate form as
PDF document. Please download the form using the link below, fill in all
information you can give at this time and send the .pdf file as an
Email-attachment to tsm2015 at uni-koeln.de.

The overall layout of the symposium requires the length of your
presentation to be about 25 or 40 minutes. 5 minutes for Q/A and/or
discussion will follow your presentation. Justified exceptions from this
schedule are feasible on demand.

File Downloads

http://tsm2015.uni-koeln.de/uploads/media/Paper_Submission_Form_03.pdf

Please use this PDF-form to submit a paper to TSM2015. You may fill it
in during multiple sessions with Acrobat-Reader, as you may store it on
your local disk in the meantime before finally submitting it as an
Email-Attachment.

----
Go ahead and mark your calendar for 22nd to 25th Sep 15!

If you still have budget available in 2014 for registering for the TSM
Symposium 2015, be happy and keep it for registering.

If everything works as planned, the registration will open Mid-November.
Keep an eye on http://tsm2015.uni-koeln.de

Thanks and best regards,
Claus
--
Claus Kalle, Universitaet zu Koeln, RRZK                   i   i
             Leiter Abteilung Systeme                      I   I