ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Insufficient Mount Points Error

2014-10-28 12:30:30
Subject: [ADSM-L] Insufficient Mount Points Error
From: "Turnbull, James B CTR USARMY MEDCOM USAMRIID (US)" <james.b.turnbull.ctr AT MAIL DOT MIL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 16:27:24 +0000
I get the following error when i try to set up a simultanous write operation to
a backup pool and active data pool:

ANR4744W The server cannot acquire a sufficient number of mount points.
ANR4734W The active-data storage pool <pool-name> was removed from the storage
pool list because of a failure for session nnn.

I set the active pool to use a devclass of file with a mountlimit of 4096 (max
value allowed),  The node maxnummp I started out using 20 and used the maximum
of 999.  The resource utilization in the opt file is set to 6.
The backup is TSMVE and I am sending it to a domain called VMWARE with the
activedestination set to the active pool.  The backup goes to a random access
storage pool with the activedatapools setting set to the active data pool.

When i try to use the copy activedata command I get an insufficient number of
mount points also.

Anyone have any ideas how i can fix it or am I having a problem because it is a
vm backup?

thanks,

Jim