ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Re-hosting

2014-10-28 09:42:27
Subject: [ADSM-L] Re-hosting
From: "Ryder, Michael S" <michael_s.ryder AT ROCHE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 09:40:07 -0400
I need to re-host a TSM 7.1.1 server from one physical server to another.
It is currently running RHEL 6, and will be on RHEL 6 on the new box.

If it helps, I am actually doing this for a pair of servers, that use each
other for dbbackup to virtual volumes.  Node replication is turned on.

Each server has storage pools on dedicated block-level SAN storage (EVAs)
-- the new servers would continue to use the SANs, so ideally I would not
have to do anything with this other than connect it to the new servers.

What is the best way to do this?

Best regards,

Mike Ryder
RMD IT Client Services