ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM for VE 7.1.1 upgrade question

2014-10-22 17:42:00
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM for VE 7.1.1 upgrade question
From: Alexei Kojenov <kojenova AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 14:38:26 -0700
Tom,

This is a known issue and we are working on it. See APAR IT04554. The
local fix suggests:

1 - Run custom install of the 7.1.1.0 TSM for Virtual
Environments install suite from PPA, Choose to only install the
TSM for Virtual Environments enablement file.

As an alternative, you can uninstall the product completely and then
install 7.1.1.

Let me know if this resolves the issue.

Alexei Kojenov
TSM Client Development

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 10/22/2014
12:20:11 PM:

> From: Tom Alverson <tom.alverson AT GMAIL DOT COM>
> To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
> Date: 10/22/2014 12:21 PM
> Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM for VE 7.1.1 upgrade question
>
> OK I ran the TSM for VE install and now everything is at 7.1.1 level.  I
> still have the same issue with the only option being "Periodic Full -
> Full"  for the backup type in the GUI.  I started a backup of a random
VM
> and instead of failing right away it looks like it is backing up
> something.  Does upgrading to 7.1.1 force all backups to do a fresh
initial
> full backup??????
>
> On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 2:11 PM, Tom Alverson <tom.alverson AT gmail DOT com>
> wrote:
>
> > I think I might go ahead and try the TSM for VE 7.1.1 update now as I
have
> > my doubts as to whether tonight's scheduled backup will work how it is
now.

> > On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 10:26 AM, David Ehresman <
> > david.ehresman AT louisville DOT edu> wrote:
> >
> >> Are you sure you included the VM feature when you upgraded the B/A
client?

> >> FYI, if you do the VME upgrade to 7.1.1.0 first, it will
automatically
> >> upgrade the B/A client as well.
> >>
> >> David

Of
> >> Tom Alverson
> >> Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2014 10:11 AM
> >> To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
> >> Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM for VE 7.1.1 upgrade question
> >>
> >> I have a number of data movers set up with Baclient 7.1.0 and TSM for
VE