ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM VE Question

2014-10-22 14:11:16
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM VE Question
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 13:54:58 -0400
Hi David,

The versioning is on the virtual machine and not the disks;
so the vm backups that have disk #2 included will last as long as
the parent vm in terms of policy.

Each incremental backup creates a new "version" of the vm backup
and will thus expire the current active "version";
so if you have a daily schedule set-up for incr. forever backups,
the backups in question will age out naturally.

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 10/16/2014
03:50:10 PM: