ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM for VE 7.1.1 upgrade question

2014-10-22 10:13:33
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM for VE 7.1.1 upgrade question
From: Tom Alverson <tom.alverson AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 10:11:28 -0400
I have a number of data movers set up with Baclient 7.1.0 and TSM for VE
7.1.0 that are working OK but I wanted to update them to 7.1.1.  The main
reason is the many "failures" I get when it does not back up VM "Templates"
(backup of templates is disabled but 7.1.0 still counts these as
"failures").

The issue I ran into is that I update just the Baclient (so far) to 7.1.1
and ran the GUI to do a test backup.  Now that data mover only offers
"Periodic Full - Full" as the backup type (not greyed out but no other
choice).   On the other servers the choice is greyed out and set to
"Incremental Forever - Incremental".  When I try a test backup with the
"Periodic Full - Full" setting on the upgraded server it fails with the
error:

ANS9395E The filespace has been migrated to the incremental forever model

Is this caused by the update of Baclient to 7.1.1 or is there some other
configuration error?

Tom