ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Counting VMs

2014-10-03 11:31:08
Subject: [ADSM-L] Counting VMs
From: "Schneider, Jim" <jschneider AT USSCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2014 15:28:59 +0000
I have not found an easy way to find out which VMs are backed up.  My
workaround is 'q occ' for the datamover node and specify the stgpool (to
exclude the CNTL data, and remove duplicates), and count the lines.  The
filespace name has the VM name.  Does anyone have a better method?  I currently
back up 19 VMs on 2 TSM servers but the number is about to increase
dramatically, and somebody thinks I should keep track of these things.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Jim Schneider

Information contained in this e-mail message and in any attachments thereto is
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this
message, delete any copies held on your systems, notify the sender immediately,
and refrain from using or disclosing all or any part of its content to any
other person.