ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Backup STG expected throughput from 50G FILE devclass to LTO4 tape

2014-10-03 10:50:20
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Backup STG expected throughput from 50G FILE devclass to LTO4 tape
From: Deirdre O'Callaghan <DEIRDREC AT IE.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2014 15:48:18 +0100
Thank you for your post about  the NUMOPENVOLSALLOWED server option in our
Tivoli Storage Manager documentation.

The low default value for the NUMOPENVOLSALLOWED server option is based on
the resource usage for your environment. Monitor your memory and CPU
consumption and any shortages in file handles to ensure that a higher value
does not negatively impact your performance.

The following topics provide more information about the NUMOPENVOLSALLOWED
server option:
http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSGSG7_7.1.1/com.ibm.itsm.perf.doc/t_dedup_numopenvolsallowed.html
http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSGSG7_7.1.1/com.ibm.itsm.srv.ref.doc/r_opt_server_numopenvolsallowed.html

Please let me know if this does not address your concern, or if I can be of
further assistance.  Thank you again for your feedback.

Sincerely,
Deirdre O'Callaghan

Deirdre O'Callaghan
Information Development