ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] System State files

2014-10-01 18:00:28
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] System State files
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2014 17:58:35 -0400
Hi Andy,

A couple of thoughts:

1. Use a SELECT statement against the BACKUPS table with ... WHERE
LL_NAME='DSCMAD.EXE'

2. From the client, use dsmc query against the C: drive or the system state
file space. Syntax for the latter looks like this:

dsmc q ba "{xxxxxxxx\SystemState\NULL\System State\SystemState}\dsmcad.exe"
-su=y

where xxxxxxxx is the machine name.

3. Take a look at IC92873, it describes how the executable files that are
part of NT style services are handled by Windows VSS and in turn by TSM.

Regards,

- Andy

Andrew Raibeck | Tivoli Storage Manager Level 3 Technical Lead |
storman AT us.ibm DOT com

IBM Tivoli Storage Manager links:
Product support:
http://www.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/Overview/Software/Tivoli/Tivoli_Storage_Manager

Online documentation:
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/wikis/home/wiki/Tivoli
+Documentation+Central/page/Tivoli+Storage+Manager
Product Wiki:
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/wikis/home/wiki/Tivoli
+Storage+Manager/page/Home

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2014-10-01
17:35:28: