ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM v7.1.1 install - bypassing validation checks

2014-09-30 13:39:40
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM v7.1.1 install - bypassing validation checks
From: "Rhodes, Richard L." <rrhodes AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 17:38:06 +0000
Per a discussion the other day, I'm trying to install a minimal TSM v7.1.1 to
try out Operation center.

I run the installer with the cmd in the install manual:
    ./install.sh -c -acceptLicense -vmargs "-DBYPASS_TSM_REQ_CHECKS=true"
but it still performs the validation checks and won't let me past the errors.
The problem is that I only have 4GB of memory, not the 12 it wants.
After getting the validation errors, it only gives options for BACK and CANCEL.
I can't find any way around this.

Any thoughts on now to get past the validation checks?

===========
= install log
===========

./install.sh -c -acceptLicense -vmargs "-DBYPASS_TSM_REQ_CHECKS=true"
Preprocessing the input.

=====> IBM Installation Manager

< . . . snip. . . >

=====> IBM Installation Manager> Install

Select packages to install:
     1. [X] IBM Tivoli Storage Manager server 7.1.1.20140829_1116
     2. [ ] IBM Tivoli Storage Manager languages 7.1.1.20140829_1110
     3. [X] IBM Tivoli Storage Manager license 7.1.1.20140829_1109
     4. [ ] IBM Tivoli Storage Manager storage agent 7.1.1.20140829_1109
     5. [X] IBM Tivoli Storage Manager device driver 7.1.1.20140829_1113
     6. [ ] IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Operations Center 7.1.1000.20140822_1907

     O. Check for Other Versions, Fixes, and Extensions

     N. Next,      C. Cancel
-----> [N]
Validating package prerequisites...

=====> IBM Installation Manager> Install> Prerequisites

Validation results:

* [ERROR] IBM Tivoli Storage Manager server 7.1.1.20140829_1116 contains
validation errors.
     1. ERROR: The system does not meet the minimum memory requirement of 12 GB.
     2. WARNING: The xlC runtime is below the required level. The xlC runtime
will be updated during the installation process.

Enter the number of the error or warning message above to view more details.

     R. Recheck status.

     B. Back,      C. Cancel

The information contained in this message is intended only for the personal and
confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this message
is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the
document in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying
in error, please notify us immediately, and delete the original message.