ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Installing TSM 7.1.1 on RHEL6 with install.sh -c

2014-09-19 14:40:11
Subject: [ADSM-L] Installing TSM 7.1.1 on RHEL6 with install.sh -c
From: "Arbogast, Warren K" <warbogas AT IU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 18:38:12 +0000
We are trying to upgrade TSM/EE server built on RHEL6 from 6.3.4 to 7.1.1 using
the console interface. We have not installed any GUI support on the Redhat
server, and prefer to keep it that way.

When we run 'install.sh -c' a list of possible components is displayed, but we
don't wish to install all of them. Nevertheless, all their boxes are checked,
and we cannot uncheck the ones we don't want.  The Install.sh script does not
accept a comma-delmited list of components, or a space dlimited list. The only
options given are 'N" for Next, and 'C" for Cancel. Pick your poison.

Is the documentation for 'install.sh -c' in some other document besides the
TSM/EE Installation Guide?  Has someone already been through this and solved
the riddle?

Thank you,
Keith Arbogast
Indiana University