ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] How to setup dedicated tape drives for storage agent

2014-09-15 13:59:41
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] How to setup dedicated tape drives for storage agent
From: "Abbott, Joseph" <JABBOTT AT PARTNERS DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 17:56:57 +0000
Yes this will work and we use it now with our LanFree client.

My suggestion would be to create two libraries rather than splitting the drives
in half.
Each library with 32 drives would work.

Ron is correct in suggesting the use of a library manager configuration. This
works best for us.

I would also ask the same question as Ron. Why so many drives for the LAN free
client?
We move 25TB per night with 15 drives on a data domain 890.

JoeA

Joseph A Abbott MCSE/MCTS 2003/2008R2, MCSA/MCTS 2003/2008R2
Tivoli Storage Manager Architect CDP
jabbott AT partners DOT org
Cell-617-633-8471
Desk-617-724-4929