ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] How to setup dedicated tape drives for storage agent

2014-09-15 12:48:09
Subject: [ADSM-L] How to setup dedicated tape drives for storage agent
From: Saravanan Palanisamy <evergreen.sarav AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 00:45:54 +0800
Dear TSM Folks,

Has anybody tried this approach to enhance tape drive availability ?

Create 64 tape drives in data domain and allocate 32 tape drives only for
TSM server backup ( Lan based backup) and remaining 32 tape drives dedicate
for storage agent

Is this possible to implement this setup ?

I really had concern because storage agent definitely need tape drive
should be defined and path must be online in TSM server before defining
path for storage agent.

Will it work if turn off tape drive path in TSM server and only turn on
corresponding path for storage agent ? I never tried this approach and has
anybody got real time experience on this setup?

--
Thanks & Regards,
Saravanan