ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM for VE maximum LUNs ??

2014-09-10 17:27:16
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM for VE maximum LUNs ??
From: Tom Alverson <tom.alverson AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 17:26:12 -0400
I am having a problem setting up TSM for VE on a server where we tried
mapping 370 drive LUNs on a SAN and 48 tape drives to a physical server to
perform the backups.  The TSMDLST.EXE utility errors out with the message
"The system could not find the environment option that was entered" due to
the number of devices present.  I have reduced the LUNs down so that the
total of drive LUNs plus tape drives is below 255 (at 240 now) but I still
cannot get the TSMDLST utility to work.  What is the practical limit to the
number of devices that can be used?