ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Wrong VCENTER connection when loading the browser to TDP for VMware

2014-09-04 06:19:11
Subject: [ADSM-L] Wrong VCENTER connection when loading the browser to TDP for VMware
From: Robert Ouzen <rouzen AT UNIV.HAIFA.AC DOT IL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 10:17:33 +0000
Hello

This week we upgrade our VMware environment from version 5.1 to 5.5. We backup
this environment with TDP for VMware version 7.1.0.2.

I register the new Vcenter with:   register_vcenter.cmd XXX.XXX.XXX.XX
adminuser  adminpassword  9080

register_vcenter.cmd XXX.XXX.XXX.XX   adminuser  adminpassword  9081
(when XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX is the IP of the new VCENTER)

Stop and start the services : Data Protection for VMware Web Server Service

When I load the VSphere  client with the new IP (of new Vcenter) , see the
Tivoli Data Protection for VMware plug-in .
Everything works fine backup , restore . instant access restore etc ……

But when I load from the browser:    https://YYY.YYY.YYY.YYY:9081/TsmVMwareUI/
  I always rich the OLD Vcenter ????
(clean cookies etc etc …)

I double check the vmcliprofile is O.K , we keep the same configuration
(Vcenter Node , VMCLI Node , DataCenter Node ,DataMover Node).

As I said before from the VSphere client works fine see all the restore and can
run backups from the new Vcenter  and also automatic schedule backups works.

I miss something's but don't know where !

Help please

Best Regards

Robert