ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Orphaned archive logs (was: tsm archive log full, causes repeated backups)

2014-08-30 17:47:36
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Orphaned archive logs (was: tsm archive log full, causes repeated backups)
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2014 23:45:39 +0200
Op 30 aug. 2014, om 18:35 heeft Prather, Wanda <Wanda.Prather AT ICFI DOT COM>
het volgende geschreven:

> I don't see anything in db2diagx.log that I can relate to failing to locate
> or delete archive logs - OTOH I really don't know how to interpret what I see
> in there.  We opened a PMR and sent the db2diag.log to IBM support and AFAIK
> they didn't read it at all.

I would not expect any either… the logs are completely irrelevant to the
operation, and from what I read they may at best be related to an ancient
database backup. If they were in any way relevant, then, and only then, db2
would complain about their absence.

--

 Met vriendelijke groeten/Kind Regards,

Remco Post