ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Systemstate backups

2014-08-28 12:16:56
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Systemstate backups
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 12:14:46 -0400
Hi David,

You should use:

   include.systemstate all <managementclassname>

where <managementclassname> is the name of the desired management class.

New backup objects will appear bound to the specified management class.
Older objects will still show up as bound to the older class, but the
system state as a whole will be managed to the new management class
criteria.

Best regards,

- Andy

Andrew Raibeck | Tivoli Storage Manager Level 3 Technical Lead |
storman AT us.ibm DOT com

IBM Tivoli Storage Manager links:
Product support:
http://www.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/Overview/Software/Tivoli/Tivoli_Storage_Manager

Online documentation:
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/wikis/home/wiki/Tivoli
+Documentation+Central/page/Tivoli+Storage+Manager
Product Wiki:
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/wikis/home/wiki/Tivoli
+Storage+Manager/page/Home

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2014-08-28
12:06:26:

> From: David Ehresman <david.ehresman AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
> To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
> Date: 2014-08-28 12:08
> Subject: Systemstate backups
>
> Are systemstate backups always bound to the default management class?
>
> I added a "include * mgmclass" statement to my client options.  As
> expected, on the next backup the files were rebound to the new
> mgmclass.  But all of the systemstate entries in the backup table
> (select ... from backups) still show the class_name as DEFAULT not
MGMCLASS.