ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Exchange TDP and Export weirdness

2014-08-04 21:25:27
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Exchange TDP and Export weirdness
From: Grant Street <grants AT AL.COM DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2014 11:23:36 +1000
On 05/08/14 07:14, Prather, Wanda wrote:
TSM server 6.3.4 on Win2K8 64
Exchange 2010 in a DAG configuration, 22 DB's
TDP for Exchange 6.4.0
We run fulls on Saturday, incrementals Sun-Fri.

Trying to Export a set of Exchange backups for *one* DB/filespace to sequential
media for legal hold.
Here's the command:

EXPORT NODE xxxxx-dag1 fsid=19 filedata=all fromdate=05/10/2014
todate=05/16/2014 fromtime=04:00 totime=23:59
devclass=lto

xxxxx-dag1 is the storage node that holds all the Exchange DB filespaces.
There was a full backup run starting 05/10/2014 at 08:00.

So here's the weirdness:
The Export runs a while, mounts some of the tapes you'd expect, then calls for
a tape whose last write date is 04/25/2014.

That fails the job because that tape is offsite.  I don't mind getting that
tape back from the vault for processing, except that something is clearly hosed
here, and I wonder if *any* of the data going on my export tape is correct.

Anybody seen something like this before?
I have even done a query on the BACKUPs table to verify there are no objects of
type DIR in that filespace.
I'm flummoxed.

The tape that causes the failure is it a primary volume or a copy volume?
If it's a copy volume, then TSM can't access the primary volume so there
is something wrong.

The tape could be a TOC/windows metadata pool.

Grant