ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Question around Enabled Events

2014-07-30 10:32:14
Subject: [ADSM-L] Question around Enabled Events
From: Neil Schofield <neil.schofield AT YORKSHIREWATER.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 15:30:08 +0100
We run TSM Server on Windows and rely on using the NTEVENTLOG receiver for
TSM server event management. I've noticed that somewhere in between v5.5
and v6.3 of the server, over 380 events of severity ERROR seem to have
gone missing from the list of enabled events to this receiver.

I've tweaked a few event rules over the years to suit our needs, but my
understanding was that by default all events with a severity of ERROR or
SEVERE should be logged to the Windows application event log.

Can someone who is running a v6.3 server on Windows please send me the
output of 'QUERY ENABLED NTEVENTLOG' from their system for comparison. On
my 6.3 systems, for example, the following seventy plus events are not
being logged to the event log but I have no event rules that would prevent
this happening (and the same events would be logged by my 5.5 servers with
the same event rules).:

ANR1069E through ANR1078E
ANR2537E through ANR2547E
ANR4447E through ANR4457E
ANR4820E through ANR4832E
ANR4947E through ANR4963E
ANR9778E through ANR9789E

Regards

Neil Schofield
Infrastructure Architect, Hardware Engineering
Yorkshire Water

Spotted a leak?
If you spot a leak please report it immediately. Call us on 0800 57 3553 or go
to http://www.yorkshirewater.com/leaks

Get a free water saving pack
Don't forget to request your free water and energy saving pack, it could save
you money on your utility bills and help you conserve water.
http://www.yorkshirewater.com/savewater

The information in this e-mail, and any files transmitted with it, is
confidential and may also be legally privileged. The contents are intended
solely for the addressee only and are subject to the legal notice available at
http://www.keldagroup.com/email.htm. This email does not constitute a binding
offer, acceptance, amendment, waiver or other agreement, or create any
obligation whatsoever, unless such intention is clearly stated in the body of
the email. If you are not the intended recipient, please return the message by
replying to it and then delete the message from your computer. Any disclosure,
copying, distribution or action taken in reliance on its contents is prohibited
and may be unlawful.

Yorkshire Water Services Limited
Registered Office Western House, Halifax Road, Bradford, BD6 2SZ
Registered in England and Wales No 2366682