ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] deduplication status

2014-07-28 16:23:02
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] deduplication status
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT ICFI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 20:20:20 +0000
39 is actually not a great number; it means you are getting less than 2 for 1
dedup.

Unless you have backups running hard 24 hours a day, those dedup processes
should finish.
When you do Q PROC, if the processes have any work to do, they show as ACTIVE,
if not they show IDLE.

I'd think that at some point during the day, you should have at least one of
them go idle, then you know you have been as aggressive as you can be.  If not
I'd add processes until you can see some idle time on at least one of them.

Just my 2cents.