ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Upgrade from 5.5 to 7.1 Extractdb/insertdb seems to pause?

2014-07-10 14:50:43
Subject: [ADSM-L] Upgrade from 5.5 to 7.1 Extractdb/insertdb seems to pause?
From: Bill Boyer <bjdboyer AT COMCAST DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2014 14:48:27 -0400
The extractdb and insertdb phase of the upgrade seems to be paused. It's
been 40 min and the # bytes read and # records inserted/extracted haven't
changed. The disk is being hit hard by the db2syscs process to the database
volumes. I've never seen the extract phase do this before. This is my first
time for a production upgrade. The source is 30GB at 50% used. During the
3:20 the extract has been running this pause has occurred twice. First time
for about 50-min and now fo the past 40-min.

Is this normal now for V7.1 upgrades from V5? It's almost like it's doing
the update phase during the extract/insert phase.

Bill Boyer
DSS, Inc.
(610) 927-4407
"Enjoy life. It has an expiration date." - ??