ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 7.1 and dedup "chunking" issues

2014-07-03 17:09:59
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 7.1 and dedup "chunking" issues
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT ICFI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2014 21:07:54 +0000
Well.  That was certainly a surprise!
Wonder what causes that - I've seen it happen to other people's posts before
and always assumed they were using an off-brand mail client.  But I wasn't
doing anything differently than usual (MS outlook).

Anyway, I had another question about your setup -

I have a customer I manage with a similar setup, except the 200 clients are VMs
generating about 4 TB of inc blocks daily.
We also use a non-dedup landing pool, then back up to tape copy pool, then
migrate to dedup pool.

We are using devclass of DISK for the landing pool.  It's a DS3500 with SATA
disks, but is a DDP array, but is also in the same array as the dedup pool and
the DB  (We've requested SSD for the DB and should have it soon.  The config is
not ideal, but this is a leftover system which was originally configured to
back up something else much less I/O intense.)

Was thinking the backup stgpool might run faster if the landing pool is of type
FILE instead of DISK.  Don't know if it matters since it's a DDP array.
What format is your landing pool, FILE or DISK?

Wanda