ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Disabled arbitrary scheduled commands

2014-07-03 09:57:11
Subject: [ADSM-L] Disabled arbitrary scheduled commands
From: Skylar Thompson <skylar2 AT U.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2014 06:55:23 -0700
We have a RHEL6 system backed up with TSM with some unique security. Basically
we
need some way for us to disable the ability for the server to cause the
client to run arbitrary commands via a scheduled event. All we want the
client to do is run an incremental backup, without any way for the server
to have the client do the following:

* Run COMMAND or MACRO schedules
* Run PRESCHEDULECMD or POSTSCHEDULECMD
* Run any other arbitrary command from the server

Currently we're backing the system up with dsmc fired from cron, but it
makes error checking a little more difficult.

Now I imagine if I were really motivated I could solve this with SELinux,
but if there were some way to do this within TSM itself that would save
some work.

Thanks!

-- Foege Building S046, (206)-685-7354