ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] BMR of Windows Server 2012 R2

2014-06-16 11:45:15
Subject: [ADSM-L] BMR of Windows Server 2012 R2
From: Robert Talda <rpt4 AT CORNELL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 15:43:49 +0000
Folks:
  Our Windows team has started supporting out Windows Server 2012 R2
systems, which means they are looking for BMR procedures for same.  We¹re
aware of the best practices document for Window Server 2012/Windows 8 on
the developerWiki for TSM:
Best Practices for Recovering Windows Server 2012 and Windows 8
<https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/wikis/home?lang=en#/wi
ki/Tivoli%20Storage%20Manager/page/Best%20Practices%20for%20Recovering%20Wi
ndows%20Server%202012%20and%20Windows%208>

  But we are finding some issues trying to implement these for 2012 R2.
(I¹m not sufficiently versed in Windows-speak to accurately describe the
issues here, sorry).

  What I am wondering is:

- has anyone else attempted this? And if so, can we communicate off-list?
- is there a timeframe for the update of the best practices document?
(And yes, I left a comment to this effect at the wiki itself)

Thanks in advance!
Bob T.

----
Robert Talda