ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Manually Expire Archive

2014-06-11 13:14:21
Subject: [ADSM-L] Manually Expire Archive
From: John Keyes <rakyr AT GMX DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 19:13:05 +0200
Hello,

I have a bit of a problem at hands. We operate a TSM Server for a client. I
have of course access to the TSM Server but not to the backup clients.
We are doing forever-archives for 3 nodes, but since we are nearly out of
scratch tapes in the library, the client decided he wants to switch over to 1
year archives for one specific node.
So how can I expire just the archive data of this one node that is older than a
year?
As far as I know I cannot rebind existing archive data to other management
classes and if I change the expiration in this management class, the other
nodes are also affected.
Does anyone have an idea?

Kind regards,
John