ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TDP for Exchange Failures

2014-06-10 07:34:22
Subject: [ADSM-L] TDP for Exchange Failures
From: "Leonard, Matthew" <Matthew.Leonard AT ATLASAIR DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 11:32:30 +0000
Hello All,

I've been getting numerous failures with our Exchange Backups that are being
executed via a scheduled command as shown below.  Server Version: 6, Release 1,
Level 4.5, TSM Client Version: 6.2.3.0, TDP Client Version: 6.1.3.0 all running
on Windows 2008 R2 and Exchange 2010 SP2 Rollup 3 and we are running from a
replica mailbox server with the Proxynode option set for this Mailbox server
with the passive copies of the databases.  We have had no problems for years
and nothing has changed besides growth but lately we have been getting tons of
failures such as:

Event Logs:

Failure Executing Schedule EXCHANGE2010_4, RC=450.

Failure Executing Schedule EXCHANGE2010_4, RC=418.

VSS processing encountered error 'VSS_E_SNAPSHOT_SET_IN_PROGRESS' in the Volume
Shadow Copy API 'StartSnapshotSet'.

DSM Logs:

ACN0519E The VSS operation failed with rc = 450.

ANS1017E (RC-50)  Session rejected: TCP/IP connection failure

ACN5060E A Tivoli Storage Manager API error has occurred.

Again, The majority of our DB's backup but we get 3-6 failures a day and it's
not the same ones every day.  One that was successful yesterday could fail
tonight.  It's just very odd

Command Running:

tdpexcc backup " XDCExecStore1" full /BACKUPMETHOD=VSS /BACKUPDESTINATION=TSM
/tsmoptfile=XDCCrewStore1.opt /logfile=C:\TSM\excsch_XDCCrewStore1.log >>
C:\TSM\excfull_XDCCrewStore1.log

Options File:

NODename                        XDCExecStore1

TCPServeraddress           sxdctsm01

SCHEDMODE                      Prompted

CLUSTERnode                    no

COMPRESSIon                   no

PASSWORDAccess           Generate

COMMMethod                 TCPip

TCPPort                                1500

TCPWindowsize                63

TCPBuffSize                        32

COMPRESSALWAYS        no

RESOURCEUTILIZATION     2

ERRORLOGNAME             C:\TSM\dsmerror_XDCExecStore1.log

SCHEDLOGNAME             C:\TSM\dsmsched_XDCExecStore1.log

ERRORLOGRETENTION  7

SCHEDLOGRETENTION   7

Regards,

Matthew J. Leonard

Network Infrastructure Administrator

IT Network Operations

AtlasAir, Inc.

Matthew.Leonard AT AtlasAir DOT com<mailto:Matthew.Leonard AT AtlasAir DOT com>

914-701-8042