ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Re: Lib client mounts and firewall timeouts.

2014-06-04 19:49:52
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Re: Lib client mounts and firewall timeouts.
From: David Bronder <david-bronder AT UIOWA DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2014 18:48:04 -0500
Steve,

Since you're on AIX, you may want to look at the network tunable
"tcp_keepidle" for keepalives instead of using libkeepalive.  Setting it to
something below 7200 (units are half-seconds, go figure) might do the trick
for you.  Stock AIX, so might be easier to get approval for a simple tunable
tweak.

We've had some success with this for multi-channel TDPO restores across a
firewall where some channels would be in MediaW for a long time waiting on
the same tape in use by one channel (multi-channel backup to disk later
migrate to a single tape, then multi-channel restore from that tape).

=Dave

--
Hello World.                                David Bronder - Systems Architect
Segmentation Fault                                      ITS-EI, Univ. of Iowa