ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] VMVSTORTRANSPORT oddness

2014-06-03 10:59:17
Subject: [ADSM-L] VMVSTORTRANSPORT oddness
From: "Stackwick, Stephen" <Stephen.Stackwick AT ICFI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 14:58:30 +0000
Oh VMware gurus:

I have a TSM4VE 7.1 datamover on a W2K8 VM that is working great, snapping and
backing up around 250 VMs nightly. My VMVSTORTRANSPORT used to be the default,
and 6 Windows VMs would backup over NBD, the rest over hotadd, as desired. OK,
one of the VMs has an IDE(!) disk, so I understand that one. But the other 5
seem just like the other VMs that back up over hotadd. They're on different
datastores and different hosts. Some are W2K3, some W2K8.

Here's the kicker: backing up with the scheduler, running as the Local System
user, hotadd works for all VMs but the dirty half-dozen, which fall back to
NBD. If I run the scheduler with my (domain admin) ID, they all backup with
hotadd, except for (as expected) the lone IDE VM.

Sounds like a permissions issue somewhere, but where? In vCenter?

Steve

STEPHEN STACKWICK | Senior Consultant | 301.518.6352 (m) | Stephen.Stackwick AT
icfi DOT com<mailto:sstackwick AT icfi DOT com> | icfi.com<http://www.icfi.com/>
ICF INTERNATIONAL | 7125 Thomas Edison Dr, Suite 100, Columbia, Md 21046 |
443-718-4900  (o)