ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Bandwidth

2014-05-15 08:54:09
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Bandwidth
From: Bent Christensen <BVC AT COWI DOT DK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 14:52:57 +0200
Hi Thomas,

Just to be sure, are you talking about LAN or WAN backup traffic? Is your
bottleneck in the TSM-client-to-switch connection or the switch-to-tsm-server
connection?

If TSM is saturating your WAN lines, looking into dedup and compression is the
best you can do. If your problem is within a LAN you might have to reconsider
your backbone and network design, if that is not an option spreading the client
start times might do the trick.

But there is no such thing in TSM as bandwidth throttling like in i.e. Symantec
Netbackup.

 - Bent