ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Bandwidth

2014-05-14 15:04:43
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Bandwidth
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT JEFFERSONHOSPITAL DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 15:02:42 -0400
-----Tom Taylor wrote: -----

>Good morning,
>
>        I run TSM 6.3.4
>

>How do I throttle bandwidth so that the clients don't choke the
>network
>during backups. I have already set a large window for the clients to
>use,
>and I am reading about client side de-duplication, and adaptive file
>backup. Are these the only two avenues to reduce the bandwidth used
>by
>TSM?

Client compression is another possible means of reducing the amount
of data transferred.

As far as I know, TSM has no facilities for limiting the peak rate
of data transfer. Your network infrastructure might have that sort
of capability. For example, some routers can limit the rate at
which data is transferred between a specific pair of addresses.

Thomas Denier
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital