ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Tivoli Admin Center frustrations

2014-05-04 00:44:08
Subject: [ADSM-L] Tivoli Admin Center frustrations
From: "Dury, John C." <JDury AT DUQLIGHT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 4 May 2014 00:43:28 -0400
I apologize in advance but I'm just getting more frustrated. I've installed
both the windows and linux version of TSM Admin Center 6.3.4.300 and both
seemed to install correctly with no errors. After correctly logging in, I can't
add a TSM server under the "Manage Server" option. I've tried 4 different web
browsers (opera,firefox,chrome and IE) and the only combination I could get to
work correctly was IE and the linux Admin Center. I've done some searching and
followed some suggestions like enabling javascript in firefox but it still
hasn't helped. We also have TSM Manager licensed but were looking for more
functionality (specifically Automatic client deployment)  that Admin Center
supplies plus maybe saving some money. Admin Center has been available for how
many years now and is still this buggy? One browser of four is all that seems
to work out of the box and only with the linux version?
It seems like I am not the only one feeling the pain. Anyone have any
suggestions? I can call IBM of course but I'm afraid that will result in hours
and hours trying to get it to work, and frankly I don't have the time (or maybe
patience).