ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] looking for experiences with the ibm 3584 library

2014-05-02 17:43:26
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] looking for experiences with the ibm 3584 library
From: "Dollens, Bruce" <BDollens AT TXFB-INS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 2 May 2014 21:41:22 +0000
We have been using a 3584 for about 12 years and have had no issues at all with
it. The only time it has been "down" is for firmware upgrades, replacing tape
drives (upgrade from LTO2 to LTO4), and when we moved to our new datacenter.
Very stable and a great workhorse.

We use it only for TSM, but I know of a couple of colleges around here as well
as a couple of businesses that use the 3584 and have had the same experience.