ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Node IP address

2014-05-02 15:39:09
Subject: [ADSM-L] Node IP address
From: "Vandeventer, Harold [BS]" <Harold.Vandeventer AT KS DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 2 May 2014 19:37:05 +0000
I have a node where the IP address changed; it now differs from the TCP/IP
value shown in Q NODE <name> F=D.

The node can successfully open the BAClient GUI and I see Activity Log records
that display the new IP value.

I can PING the new address and TELNET to 1501 so I know the scheduler is
running and network is routing.

If the node uses Edit Client Preferences to change the IP on Scheduler,
Prompted Mode, why does that not appear to change the TCP/IP as shown by the Q
NODE command?

Setting HLAddress doesn't apply because we're in ClientorServer session
initiation.

The node manager SAYS he's altered the IP value, maybe he hasn't?

Harold Vandeventer
Systems Programmer
State of Kansas - Office of Information Technology Services
STE 751-S
910 SW Jackson
(785) 296-0631

[Confidentiality notice:]
This e-mail message, including attachments, if any, is intended for the
person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential
or privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, or disclosure
is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
the sender and destroy the original message, including all copies,
Thank you.