ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Replicate Node design change?

2014-05-01 10:03:27
Subject: [ADSM-L] Replicate Node design change?
From: "Vandeventer, Harold [BS]" <Harold.Vandeventer AT KS DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 May 2014 14:00:42 +0000
I've setup node replication from two servers (S1 and S2) toward a single target
server (S3) off-site.  A bit of latency; but it's been working fine.

I've been granted permission to build another TSM server (S4) at the target
site.

I'd like to re-work my replication design so that S2 pushes to S4 (the new
server).

Is it possible to do something like this:

1.       Cease replication for nodes on S2.  (a simple commenting of script
commands)

2.       EXPORT selected nodes from S3 to S4.

3.       When all export done, define S4 as the replication destination from S2.

4.       Re-enable replication from S2, now pushing to S4, by un-commenting
script commands).

The goal is to use the new server as a replication target, but avoid pushing
all that data across the WAN link again.

Harold Vandeventer
Systems Programmer
State of Kansas - Office of Information Technology Services
STE 751-S
910 SW Jackson
(785) 296-0631

[Confidentiality notice:]
This e-mail message, including attachments, if any, is intended for the
person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential
or privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, or disclosure
is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
the sender and destroy the original message, including all copies,
Thank you.