ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Tsm replication 7.1

2014-04-30 05:55:12
Subject: [ADSM-L] Tsm replication 7.1
From: Robert Ouzen <rouzen AT UNIV.HAIFA.AC DOT IL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 09:53:16 +0000
Hi to all

Long time ago I test the replication feature for DRM purpose. Now I wanted to
implant it between two TSM servers version 7.1 and O.S Windows 2008 R2 64B.

I have some questions:

·         The command replicate node if no domain exist in the TARGET server as
in SOURCE server  , put the node under the domain STANDARD.

My question is after it can I update the node to a different domain (created on
the TARGET server but  in the SOURCE server is not exist) , and in the next
replicate node it will go to this domain and not to STANDARD ?

·         In SOURCE server in the command "update fi" it is an option
replstate=purgedata"   I don't quite understand the purpose  ?

·         When replicate node  with type ARCH  have in  ARREPLRULEDEFAULT the
options :  ALL_DATA ,   ALL_DATA_HIGH_PRIORITY ,  DEFAULT ,  NONE  . I am using
ALL_DATA

If I have a node in the SOURCE server with archive copygroups  rentention of
360 days and in the TARGET server in the archive  coypgroups retention of the
domain STANDARD  is 90.

My question what happen in the replicate node  to the TARGET server  when no
same archive copygroups retention ? Did all data will be replicate and only
after running an expire inventory in the TARGET server only the data for 90
days will remain ? or already during the replicate node only the data for 90
days with will replicate ?

T.I.A  Best Regards

Robert