ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Re: Relabel/checkin Tapes marked as "empty"

2014-04-16 12:08:07
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Re: Relabel/checkin Tapes marked as "empty"
From: David Bronder <david-bronder AT UIOWA DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 11:05:51 -0500
If it were the REUSEDELAY setting, the volume would be Pending, not Empty.

David Ehresman's suggestion to do a "delete volume" on them should address
the immediate issue of the volumes staying Empty instead of returning to
scratch.  But something else must be going on that's preventing that from
occurring on its own.

I don't specifically recall running across this problem over my years with
TSM, but it may have just not been memorable.  Is this a library manager of a
shared library or something like that?  (I don't have experience with that
myself, though others here do.  Just trying to come up with ideas to further
investigate.)

Try searching through APARs looking for similar symptoms; maybe it's an issue
resolved in a newer level of code than you're running.  I vaguely think I've
seen APARs for VTL issues, but since I don't have one, I didn't pay them much
attention.

=Dave

--
Hello World.                                David Bronder - Systems Architect
Segmentation Fault                                      ITS-EI, Univ. of Iowa