ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] reclaimable tapes in a stgpool

2014-04-15 10:02:06
Subject: [ADSM-L] reclaimable tapes in a stgpool
From: "Rhodes, Richard L." <rrhodes AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 13:59:45 +0000
Is there a way to determine the number of tapes in a stgpool that
are eligible for reclamation?

I tried the following sql on all our TSM instances:
            select stgpool_name, \
                   count(*) \
              from volumes \
             where     pct_reclaim \> 64  \
                   and devclass_name like '%TAPE%' \
             group by stgpool_name "

It returned a list, but when I went and ran "reclaim stgpool  <name>
threshold=65"
many of the pools returned that there were no volumes to be reclaimed.  I think
I need more qualifiers on the select.

We currently have reclamation running automatically with a
reclaim pct of 65% on the stgpool.  I'm trying to move to
manually running reclamation during a window.  I don't
want to just issue reclaim stgpool cmds all at once for all
instances to prevent a tape drive storm.  I want to start
them gradually, with the stgpools with the most tapes to be
reclaimed starting first.

Thanks

Rick

personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If
the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an
agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that you have received this document in error
and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of
this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately, and delete
the original message.