ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] reclamation

2014-04-14 11:57:58
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] reclamation
From: Skylar Thompson <skylar2 AT U.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 08:55:56 -0700
Hmm, this is a tricky situation. The only way you can use delete without
reclamation is to free up entire volumes - just deleting files or
filespaces are likely to free up partial volumes, but without reclamation
there's no way to take advantage of that.

Another option would be buying some more scratch tapes, loading those into
the library (checking out full volumes if needed), and using those for
reclamation. See IBM's document "Managing a full library":

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/tsminfo/v6r3/topic/com.ibm.itsm.srv.doc/t_tapeops_full_auto_ul.html

On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 11:46:06AM -0400, Tom Taylor wrote:
> No, that is my problem. I am in kind of a tight spot and we have had
> numerous Admins leave recently all at once. TSM server has not been
> attended to lately as it should and has gotten out of hand... so no there
> is literally NO disk or tape space anywhere that I can temporarily use....
> There would be space if reclamation ran, because I have a lot of
> reclaimable space, but there is nowhere for the reclamation process to put
> the files that are good on the reclaimable volumes.... I'm kind of stuck
> here.

-- Foege Building S046, (206)-685-7354