ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Moving TSM instance to new hardware

2014-04-10 00:28:23
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Moving TSM instance to new hardware
From: Saravanan <evergreen.sarav AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 12:25:54 +0800
Hi Kevin,

I did follow the below steps on the same server and yet to test on DR server,,,

I have kept TSM DB and Log(active/archive ) in different VG

Configured flash copy ( DS8K)

Note: Tested it when TSM database was running

DB2 has feature called write suspend and it will ensure TSM DB consistency state

Step 1:

I have suspended database and all writes were suspended for all table spaces

db2 command

db2 connect to TSMDB1
db2 set write suspend for TSMDB1

Step 2 : Wait for 1 min until archive logs  become consistent ( check db2diag
log )

Step 3:
Tested below steps when backup stg was running

Take flash copy backup

And resume database for write operation

db2 set write resume for TSMDB1

Step 4:

Took file level backup to check flash copy state

Halt TSM server

Step 5:

Unmount TSM db and log vg( production copy )

Step 6:

Mount flash copy LUN and import TSM db and log VG

Step 7 :

Note: Flash copy will have database in write suspend mode and we need to bring
the database into normal mode before starting TSM server

db2start

Db2 restart db TSMDB1 write resume

Db2stop

Step7:

Start TSM server and ur database will come up without any issue

Tested above steps in production and my plan is to test it on DR site with help
of PPRC backup

In your case , you can take mksysb of prod and restore ur instance dir if not
in storage disk

By Sarav
+65-82284384