ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] FILETEXT questions

2014-04-09 14:15:46
Subject: [ADSM-L] FILETEXT questions
From: David Jelinek <David.Jelinek AT CMICH DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 14:13:29 -0400
TSM Server Version 7, Release 1, Level 0.0 running on Linux/x86_64

have:
FILETEXTEXIT YES /home/tsminst1/txteventlog/texteventlog.log APPEND

in the dsmserv.opt file

executed

enable ev filetext all node=*

in a command console

and started collecting the information I wanted in the file. No problem
there.

I wanted to collect and process the information and have TSM continue
logging in an empty file, so on the Linux OS I did:

mv /home/tsminst1/txteventlog/texteventlog.log ./

and processed the file from the current directory. Again no problem.
However, the TSM server has written nothing to the file since that point
and event records should have been produced.

Should I have done a

disable ev filetext all node=*

then on Linux:
mv /home/tsminst1/txteventlog/texteventlog.log ./
touch /home/tsminst1/txteventlog/texteventlog.log
chown tsminst1:tsmsrvrs /home/tsminst1/txteventlog/texteventlog.log

and then
enable ev filetext all node=*

I hope that taking the TSM service down and restarting it will start it
recording in the FILETEXT file again, but I would like to script it to
work without taking the TSM service down. Does anyone know the
recommended method?

Thanks in advance.

--
Have a wonderful day,