ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 7.1 upgrade path(s) on Windows

2014-04-03 15:23:58
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 7.1 upgrade path(s) on Windows
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT ICFI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2014 19:20:59 +0000
What I would recommend instead, since you have hardware available:

Install 6.2.3 on the new box, load your DB as a DR exercise.
Then upgrade 7.1 over it.
You can do that at your leisure, without impacting your production at all, or
having to shut production down.

If you have no problems, then just flop the 7.1 code on top of your production
system.
Upgrading the code takes usually less than 30 minutes.

That will make your test easy, and minimize the production downtime.

(Upgrading from 5.x to 6.x is hard.  Once you are on 6.x, the upgrades are
easy.  Just always make sure you have a DB backup, just in case.)